There are several forms of business ventures in Sweden; all are open to natural persons and legal entities domiciled within the EEA. However, certain forms are also open to non-EU companies.
The business venture forms recognised under Swedish law are the following:
- sole trader (“Enskild firma”)
- Swedish subsidiary i.e. a Swedish corporation/limited company (“Aktiebolag”)
- branch office (“Filial”)
- European Economic Interest Group, EEIG
- European Company (SE)
- Trading Partnership or a Limited Partnership (“Handelsbolag or Kommanditbolag”)
- Economic Association (”Ekonomisk Förening”).